Captain Roe is the Managing Director of Saudi Aviation Flight Academy. His primary responsibilities are business development, exploring aviation opportunities, and improving aviation infrastructure within the MENA region.
Prior to this post, Captain Roe worked in the United Arab Emirates. He was Managing Director for Dubai Aerospace Enterprise and Accountable Manager for the Dubai Aerospace Enterprise Flight Academy. Captain Roe previously worked for the Commercial Airline Pilot Training Program and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Florida, USA. During this time Captain Roe held a number of positions including instructor and pilot examiner, training manager, new projects manager, and curriculum and program designer.
Captain Roe contributes regularly to various pilot training forums. He is committed to improving the quality of pilot training at ab-initio level and achieves this through the judicious use of synthetic training devices. Captain Roe is Chairperson for the International Association of Flight Training Professionals steering committee, which is tasked with improving global aviation training through information sharing.
Having worked in the aviation industry for over 15 years’ Captain Roe has vast experience as an instructor and pilot examiner. He has completed over 2600 hours as an instructor and pilot examiner, and over 4000 hours as a pilot.
Captain Roe has a Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical Science and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration in Aviation (MBA/A) from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida, USA.
Captain Roe holds the following certificates:
- USA Federal Aviation Administration - Airline Transport Pilot
- USA Federal Aviation Administration - Certified Gold Seal Flight Instructor
- USA Federal Aviation Administration – Advanced Ground Instructor
- USA Federal Aviation Administration – Aircraft Dispatcher
- USA Federal Aviation Administration – Part 141 Assistant Chief Flight Instructor (former)
- USA Federal Aviation Administration – Part 141 Pilot Evaluator (former)
- USA Federal Aviation Administration – Part 142 Training Center Evaluator (former)
- Canada - Transport Canada – Commercial Pilot
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia - Airline Transport Pilot